5 Days Ayurveda Shirodhara Course
This Shirodhara Course will give you all the theoretical and practical skills required to perform a treatment for your clients friends and family.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
Flexible dates contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday and Sunday time to enjoy all the splendors’ Bali has to offer
“The island of the Gods”
Who is it for:
Students aiming to becoming professional Spa therapists. Novice Students wanting to learn for fun. Professional Spa therapists wanting to add to their portfolio of skills and adding CPD hours (Continued Professional Development) No previous experience necessary.
- Coffee, tea or water
- Training Manual
- Clients for your practical sessions
- All required equipment and products
- Bali BISA Certificate
- Accommodation in Bali – please contact us for recommendations
Read more about Shirodhara
SHIRODHARA Is an ancient Ayurvedic healing practice performed in India for over 5,000 years. It is the application of warmed sesame oil (infused with herbs) gently poured onto the forehead for an extended period of time. Originally these oils were very rare and were made especially for such treatments. Today most of these special oils are already able to pre-prepare. It is performed with the client lying face up on a massage table in a relaxing environment. Shirodhara is traditionally used to calm the nerves, harmonize Vata constitutions, restore the nerves, release stored emotions, and purify the mind. In Ayurvedic Medicine, it is considered an important tool in the pursuit of higher states of consciousness. Shirodhara has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety, insomnia, some mental disorders, headache, excessive thinking, nervousness, and many other conditions commonly affecting Americans in today’s active lifestyle.
Benefit of Shirodhara
Shirodhara has been used to treat a variety of conditions:
- Certain diseases of the ears, eyes, Sinusitis, Headaches of various types like cluster headaches, migraines, tension headaches, (use herbal oils or milk infused with herbs)
- Burning sensation in the head ; Dryness of the head region ; For healthy and long hair
- For itching of the scalp ; Hair loss ; For premature greying of the hair ; Neurological Disorders.
- Meniere’s disease ; Is used non-medicinally at spas for its relaxing properties ; heart disease
- Sluggish Metabolism ; Loss of memory and Alzheimer’s disease ; For proper neuro-muscular coordination ; Indigestion ; Skin diseases of psychosomatic origin, as in psoriasis Discuss the benefits and contra-indications of the treatment with the client.
What you will learn
- Health and safety.
- Knowledge of Ayurveda
- Client care, communication and preparation.
- Contra Indications
- Product and equipment required.
- Massage techniques and application.
Career paths: Health & Wellness, Spa’s Cruise Ships,