BISA Spa & Wellness
We may think of a massage as luxury indulgence, a nice treat. A way to spoil ourselves
WELL, LET’S THINK AGAIN
Massage has many important health benefits, It helps you maintain physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing, particularly when it is part of your regular wellness routine.
Appropriate and loving touch is not only important to your physical, mental and emotional development but is essential to life itself
Health & Wellness Spa Services
Remind yourself of these health benefits
if you start to feel guilty about getting a massage!
PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
- It calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being. Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces tension and anxiety and can help relieve depression.
- It improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
- Massage Therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, and muscle spasms.
- Promotes faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance by treating injuries caused during sport or work
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Post-operative rehabilitation
Emotional BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Massage has been shown to increase range of motion and flexibility as well as to improve measures of anxiety, depression, vitality, and perceived stress. It can also increase feelings of wellness, calm, relaxation, and a sense of belonging. Massage helps overcome feelings of fatigue. In a study of the effect of massage therapy on patients receiving Bone Marrow Transplants (BMT) it was concluded that those who received massage therapy had a better quality of life. These patients rested more easily, had less depression and anxiety and were more able to communicate with loved ones during this crucial treatment. Massage can also aid in reducing nausea in chemotherapy patients.