Post Natal Massage
The Post Natal Massage and slimming body wrap course at the Bali International Spa Academy and Massage School is designed for spa and wellness professionals who want to incorporate maternity care into their portfolio.
Post birthing women’s bodies are still undergoing tremendous adjustments physically and emotionally, so increasingly they look for therapists trained in post partum massage techniques. This maternity course incorporates the preparation of a Balinese herbal wrap and how to apply it to the mid-body section to speed up return to a pre-maternity figure. As so many mothers today have to return to their careers right after birth, it is a valuable asset to be able to offer these specialist maternity services.
Post natal massage helps the mother in many ways:
- Physically, as the body is usually raw and tender after the strenuous exertion of labor and aids the healing of a cesarean section birth.
- Emotionally, as the new mother is adjusting to the challenge of motherhood and the arrival of a new family member.
- Eliminates toxins released during labor.
- Eases muscle aches and pains that result from nursing and carrying the newborn.
- Balances energy levels, and relieves emotional and physical stress.
- Calms the nervous system, producing a renewed sense of body image and self esteem.
- Helps restore the body to its pre-pregnancy condition.