10 Days VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage
The VTCT Indian Head Massage Level 3 Certificate (QCF) is a vocationally related qualification with the primary outcome to prepare you to enter the hairdressing, beauty and complementary therapy sector as a specialist massage therapist with the specific skill of providing Indian Head Massage. All the units relate directly to the role of a specialist massage therapist and will enable you to provide your own services for clients. This is a practitioner level qualification.
Head Massages of all types are becoming increasingly popular as busy people want a relaxing treatment in a short time frame.
Course Dates are Flexible
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
Flexible dates contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday and Sunday time to enjoy all the splendors’ Bali has to offer
“The island of the Gods”
Who is it for:
Anyone who is starting a new career in the Spa Industry and wanting to gain a British International Qualification. No pre-requisite required.
- Coffee, tea or water
- Training Manuals
- Clients for your practical work
- Theory exams
- Tutor observations
- Power point presentations with your Tutor
- VTCT Certificate +Bali BISA Certificate
Accommodation and Airport pick up available on request
Contact us for more information
- Provide Indian head massage
- Client care and communication in related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice
- Promote and sell products and services
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage
- UV30574 Provide Indian head massage. This unit is about the skills involved in providing Indian head massage treatment. The ability to adapt massage techniques to suit individual client needs and the environment in which the massage takes place is very important. You will also learn how to perform Indian head massage with and without the use of oils. To carry out this unit you will need to maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout your work.
- UV30435 Promote and sell products and services to clients. This unit will help you to develop your skills and knowledge in the products and services you use and sell. Working through this unit will help develop your skills in techniques for effective communication with your clients, interpreting buying signals, managing client expectations, introducing new products and services, describing the features and benefits and learning how to close a sale. This unit is about keeping pace with new developments and encouraging your clients to take an interest in them.
- UV30491 Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon: Assignments, Observations 2. Through this unit you will develop your skills in a supervisory role focusing on health and safety within your salon. You will recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions. You will monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements. You will implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance.
Health and Safety is crucial in the salon in which you work. You will be able to carry out a simple risk analysis, recognise a hazard, deal with the hazards you have found and follow safe and hygienic working practices. You will learn about firefighting equipment, first aid resources, emergency and evacuation procedures.
- UV30468 Client care and communication in beauty related industries: Assignments, Observations 2. This is a preparation for work unit which is based on capability and knowledge. This unit is about client care and communication in beauty-related industries. You will develop your ability to adapt the provision of client care and your communication skills, to the needs of different clients, as well as learn how to manage client expectations. Client care and communication in the Spa Industry is very important when developing a good relationship with you clients. Good communication skills are crucial when doing consultations, dealing with complaints, client comfort and all forms of client care.
You will have 4 observations with your assessor to reach the level of Competency/Pass
Knowledge: There must be evidence that you have have learnt and understand the subject. This evidence may include projects, assignments, case studies, reflective accounts, oral/written questioning and/or other forms of evidence.
Tutor/Assessor guidance: You will be guided by your assessor on how to achieve learning outcomes and ranges in this unit.
Theory Exams: 2 exam papers which will done online Pass mark is 70%
This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa.
VTCT courses are assessed and verified by centre staff. Work will be set to improve your practical skills, knowledge and understanding. For practical elements, you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence. Your centre will have an internal verifier whose role is to check that your assessment and evidence is valid and reliable and meets VTCT and regulatory requirements. An external verifier, appointed by VTCT, will visit your centre to sample and quality-check assessments, the internal verification process and the evidence gathered. You may be asked to attend on a different day from usual if requested by the external verifier. This record of assessment book is your property and must be in your possession when you are being assessed or verified. It must be kept safe. You and your course assessor will together complete this book to show achievement of all learning outcomes, assessment criteria and ranges.
Creating a portfolio of evidence:
As part of this qualification, you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. A portfolio will confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt. It may be in electronic or paper format. Your assessor will provide guidance on how to prepare the portfolio of evidence and how to show practical achievement and understanding of the knowledge required to successfully complete this qualification. It is this booklet along with the portfolio of evidence that will serve as the prime source of evidence for this qualification.
Evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms:
- Observed work
- Witness statements
- Audio-visual media
- Evidence of prior learning or attainment
- Written questions
- Oral questions
- Case studies All evidence should be documented in the portfolio and cross referenced to unit outcomes.
Alternatively, you could choose the BISA Ayurveda Head Massage course on its own or combine with Shirodhara and Abhyanga Body Massage for a complete BISA 15 days Ayurvedic program or CIBTAC Endorsed program at Bali’s leading spa, massage, beauty, aesthetics, and wellness institute. All options open a world of opportunities to you.