10 Days VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation
The VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to remove hair using waxing techniques.
Course Dates are Flexible
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
Flexible dates contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday and Sunday time to enjoy all the splendors’ Bali has to offer
“The island of the Gods”
Who is it for:
Anyone who is starting a new career in the Spa Industry, and wanting to gain a British International Qualification. No pre-requisite required.
- Coffee, tea or water
- Training Manuals
- Clients for your practical work
- Theory exams
- Tutor observations
- Power point presentations with your Tutor
- VTCT Certificate +Bali BISA Certificate
- Accommodation in Bali – please contact us for recommendations
What you will learn VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation
- UV20483 Follow health and safety practice in the salon: This unit is to increase your understanding of health and safety and its importance in the salon in which you work. You will develop the ability to carry out a simple risk analysis, recognise a hazard, responsibly deal with the hazards you have found and follow safe and hygienic working practices. You will also need to be able to locate firefighting equipment, first aid resources and have an awareness of fire, emergency and evacuation procedures. This unit applies to hairdressing, beauty therapy, nail and barbering salons and spas.
- UV20453 Client care and communication in beauty-related industries: This unit is about client care and communication in beauty‑related industries. You will develop your communication skills to deal with consultations, complaints, client comfort and all forms of client care. You will develop a client‑centred approach to all your treatments.
- UV20418 Remove hair using waxing techniques: This unit is about removing hair using waxing techniques. The areas to be treated include the eyebrows, face, legs, underarm, and bikini line. You will need to be able to consult with the client, and prepare and plan the treatment. You will also need to provide aftercare advice, including the avoidance of certain activities and the use of home care products.
Identify lifestyle characteristics and take appropriate action in selecting or advising clients about treatments and aftercare.
Adapt treatments to suit the individual client’s needs by analyzing information gathered at consultation, including contra-indications.
Perform safe, hygienic and effective treatments to a commercially acceptable standard and timing. Select, home care products for clients.
Understand the principles of techniques learnt and their effects on the body.Understand the importance of an awareness of current legislation appertaining to beauty and complementary therapies employment.
The VTCT Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to remove hair using waxing techniques. Underpinning this qualification, you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practice in a salon environment, client care and communication in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in beauty therapy to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to perform your own salon services. Units in this qualification have been mapped to the relevant NOS (where applicable). This qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
VTCT courses are assessed and verified by centre staff. Work will be set to improve your practical skills, knowledge and understanding. For practical elements, you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence. Your centre will have an internal verifier whose role is to check that your assessment and evidence is valid and reliable and meets VTCT and regulatory requirements. An external verifier, appointed by VTCT, will visit your centre to sample and quality-check assessments, the internal verification process and the evidence gathered. You may be asked to attend on a different day from usual if requested by the external verifier. This record of assessment book is your property and must be in your possession when you are being assessed or verified. It must be kept safe. You and your course assessor will together complete this book to show achievement of all learning outcomes, assessment criteria and ranges.
Creating a portfolio of evidence:
As part of this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. A portfolio will confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt. It may be in electronic or paper format. Your assessor will provide guidance on how to prepare the portfolio of evidence and how to show practical achievement, and understanding of the knowledge required to successfully complete this qualification. It is this booklet along with the portfolio of evidence that will serve as the prime source of evidence for this qualification.
Evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms:
- Observed work
- Witness statements
- Audio-visual media
- Evidence of prior learning or attainment
- Written questions
- Oral questions
- Case studies All evidence should be documented in the portfolio and cross referenced to unit outcomes.