CIBTAC Diploma in Aromatherapy
Not quite ready to book?
40 Days / 280 Hours
The CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy provides knowledge and practical competence in aromatherapy.
Purpose of the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
The CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy is a practical and knowledge-based qualification. It is aimed at equipping therapists with skills required for work in salons, destination/day spas, cruise ships and within the complementary therapy or healthcare sectors in an employed or selfemployed capacity.
The units have been identified by employers as the most appropriate for working as an aromatherapist, however, there are many CPD courses that can enhance the skills learnt and provide new techniques to ensure that the qualified therapist remains current and at the forefront of the industry.
Aim of the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
The aim of the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy is to:
- provide Learners with a challenging qualification that will enable them to gain the necessary knowledge and skills for work as an aromatherapist
- provide commercial skills in aromatherapy
- encourage wider learning of alternative massage techniques, new treatments on the market and the CPD opportunities available on completion of the course
- provide Learners with the opportunity to recognise the changing industry and be able to explore further avenues that will enhance skills in the future
- provide Learners with the tools and terminology required to work within the beauty/complementary therapies industry
- enable Learners to make informed and confident decisions relating to Clients’ needs and requirements.
- provide knowledge of the health and safety requirements surrounding the beauty/complementary therapies industry
- provide opportunities for Learners to develop the necessary skills and competencies to move on to further study or employment
- encourage a deeper understanding of ‘effective communication’ with Clients and team members
- to provide Learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to set up their own business as a self employed aromatherapist
The content of the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy is shown below
Practical elements of the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy will enable Learners to:
- maintain health, safety and security practices within the salon/working environment
- follow emergency procedures
- communicate effectively with Clients
- provide Client care
- prepare and provide aromatherapy treatments
Knowledge elements for the CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy will enable Learners to:
- understand the requirements for monitoring health and safety within the salon
- understand the organisation of the body
- understand the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the integumentary system, skeletal system, muscular system, nervous system, endocrine system, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, digestive system, urinary system, sensory organs
- understand the requirements for providing aromatherapy treatments
- understand the principles and practice of complementary therapies
- understand business practice for complementary therapies
2019 EXAM AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATES
Registration Deadline: Monday 22 July 2019
Exam Date: 14th – 18th October 2019
Late registrations will incur a small fee