See Bali BISA’s Intuitive Massage Course
A unique treatment for each individual. The therapist tunes into the person and is guided by their energies, intuition and guidance. Different healing hands-on techniques will help bring one into a deeper, more relaxed healing space. The treatment takes its own flow and rhythm. This work can bring deep relaxation and healing on many levels.
During the first week, a wide range of massage techniques will be mastered, including the core set of essential strokes plus those derived from unique forms such as Balinese, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Shiatsu, Thai, Ayurveda and Reflexology. Theory lessons provide a solid understanding of the body and its functions to ensure maximum effectiveness. Yet as a holistic treatment, it will go much deeper than traditional anatomy and physiology. Rather you will learn to address all aspects of the individual and their lifestyle… their mental state, emotional well-being and spiritual values. This unique toolbox incorporates an understanding of the body’s energy centres known as the chakras, breathing techniques, meditation and visualization.
Harnessing these into one powerful and unique intuitive treatment is the focus of the second week. You will have ample time to experiment and eventually practice on clients. The outcome will be personally fulfilling and rewarding as you become an integral part of a person’s journey towards total wellness.
Physical Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Massage therapy and bodywork increase blood circulation thus enabling the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Helps in releasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller.
- Is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Contributes to shorter labour and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays.
- Can relax tense and tightened muscles.
- Reduces overall stress by lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Massage therapy could also treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and promotes faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments.
- Reduces pain and swelling.
- Reduces the formation of excessive scar tissue.
- Reduces muscle spasms.
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Enhances athletic performance by treating injuries caused during sports or work.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and the effects of eye strain.
- Enhances the health and nourishment of the skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation after injury
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
Emotional Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness.
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately.
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity.
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch.
- Fosters a feeling of well-being.
- Reduces levels of anxiety.
- Creates body awareness.
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection.