Cosmetic electrotherapy is a range of beauty treatments that uses low electric currents passed through the skin to produce several therapeutic effects such as muscle toning in the body and micro-lifting of the face. It is based on electrotherapy, which has been researched and accepted in the field of rehabilitation, though the “scientific and medical communities have tended to sideline or dismiss the use of electrotherapy for healthy muscles”.
At Bali BISA, we have various range of electrical facial treatments. Courses of 3, 6 and 10-day programmes are recommended for ultimate results and to address specific skin concerns such as problem skin and anti-aging. However, you can expect visible results after just 1 of our electrical facial treatments.
Microcurrent treatments (MENS) were used in medical applications and are distinguished by their use of micro-ampere currents (i.e. millionths of an amp) which are hardly perceptible, but mimic the body’s own bio-electric currents. The treatment is designed to soften wrinkles and rejuvenate skin, including skin damaged by sunburn, acne, stretch marks, cellulite and scarring.
This increased ATP (adenosine tri phosphate) also energizes the facial muscles, similar to how exercise energizes the muscles of our bodies. Unlike anywhere else on the body, the facial muscles are directly connected to the skin, so the result of energizing the muscle is often an improved, lifted appearance when used on the face, the treatment has become known as a “non-surgical facelift” and “facial lifting”.
Benefits of Micro-Current Facial Treatments
- Softens lines, wrinkles and creases.
- Maintains youthful contours.
- Improves the condition of an ageing skin.
- Reduces areas of puffiness or fluid retention.
- Improves muscle condition and function, depending on the technique used – loose muscles become toned and tight muscles are stretched.
- Improves the appearance of the skin by improving colour and texture.
- Softens scar tissue in the area.
- Improves the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
Vacuum suction is ideal for sluggish skin, dark circles and bags or puffiness under the eyes. Vacuum suction improves the lymphatic drainage of facial skin and removes the build-up of toxins in the skin improving blood circulation, bringing fresh nutrients and oxygenated fresh blood to skin ultimately improving the appearance of the skin resulting in giving skin a youthful rosy glow.
Note: This electrical facial treatment is suitable for all clients.
Benefits of Vacuum Suction
- Vacuum Suction Treatment
- Improves a dry skin as the sebaceous glands are stimulated
- Dead skin cells are removed
- Improves poor lymphatic circulation
- Drains waste products from the tissues
- Improves blood circulation
- Increases cellular activity
- Reduces areas of fluid retention
- Assists in the removal of fatty deposits
- Improves the appearance and condition of the skin
- Aids decongestion of blocked pores and comedones
High Frequency – Antibacterial and Skin Tightening Treatment
High frequency is great for acne, blemished and congested skin, but is also good for mature or aging skin as it has a tightening effect on the skin so can be used as an anti-aging treatment.
High frequency uses a specialized oxidizing cream, which kills bacteria so is very effective on acne prone skin yet it is gentle enough for hyper sensitive skin. It is ideal to help improve the condition of oily areas such as the T-zone on the face, or blemished skin on the back. It also improves the skin texture.
Benefits of High Frequency
- Has an antiseptic effect on the skin
- Stimulates circulation
- Helps oxygenate the skin
- Increased cell metabolism
- Helps coagulate and heal any open lesion after extraction
- Generates a warm feeling that has a relaxing effect on the skin
- Blood vessels vasodilate resulting in improved colour to the skin
- Lymphatic system speeds up therefore improving the elimination of waste products from the area
- Suitable for oily skin, slight acne, slight pustules and pimples.
There are 2 types of galvanic facials that are often used in conjunction with each other for optimum results:
Desincrustation – Deep Exfoliation Treatment
Used for deep cleansing of the skin, as the deeper layers of the skin are penetrated by the use of galvanic desincrustation gels. This helps to open pores and unblock them by removing sebum and exfoliating away surface debris and dead skin cells.
Galvanic Iontophoresis – Deep Feeding Treatment
Used for deep feeding of beneficial and specialized ingredients into the skin, using specialized Iontophoresis gels that penetrate deeper layers of skin, these special ingredients in gels aid in detoxifying and decongesting the skin. A variety of ingredients are used such as aloe, vitamin E for wrinkle prevention and seaweed or mint extracts for oily skins.
Important Note: These electrical facial treatments are not suitable for pregnant clients, clients with history of heart disease / disorders, pace makers, metal implants in body, history of migraines, epilepsy, and complications of nervous disorders. A full consultation will be required to assess suitability for treatment.