VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Not quite ready to book?
30 day / 210 hours in School. 190 hours Home Study
Introduction: National Occupational Standards (NOS) The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is focused towards those seeking to employment as a sports massage therapist working with the general public and athletes. This qualification is approved and supported by Skills Active, the sector skills council for active leisure and learning.
The qualification consists of five mandatory units:
- Principles of health and fitness
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Sports massage treatments
- Anatomy &Physiology
Through this qualification you will develop the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to competently apply sport massage methods to dysfunctional tissue and in a pre, post, intra/inter and maintenance massage context. This includes professional practice, expected standards and related legislation and legal requirements.
You will develop knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology related to sports
massage and the principles of health and fitness which combined will equip you to better understand the athlete, the problems they may be incurring and how sports massage can help. In addition you will develop an understanding of the differences between soft tissue dysfunction and injury and the role that sports massage plays.
Pre – requisite for this qualification
UIP4 – Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage. This will be done as home study before attending the course
- Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- Understand social responsibility for the complementary therapy and sport massage
sectors in relation to COVID-19
- Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene and personal hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to
prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the complementary therapy/sports massage environment
decontamination and waste management processes relevant to complementary therapies and sports massage
This can be achieved through Blended learning For more details……..