ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Indian Head Massage treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Massage Industry. This qualification is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3 and 4.
What you will learn:
- Indian Head Massage – to include the use of techniques such as classical Indian Head Massage movements, massage mediums and adapting the treatment to meet the clients’ specific treatment needs
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Massage skills listed above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of complementary therapies
- Knowledge and understanding of professional conduct and business awareness in a complementary therapies context
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a Massage setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as an Indian Head Massage Therapist
Career Path: There are opportunities for Indian Head Massage Therapists to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Complementary health clinics
- Primary health trusts
- Beauty salons 4
- Cruise ships
- Hotels or resorts
- Own clinic