ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Reflexology
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Reflexology is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Reflexology treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Complementary Therapies Industry. This qualification is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3 and 4.
What you will learn:
- Reflexology techniques – to include consultation, contraindications and contra-actions, carrying out a visual analysis of the feet, relaxation techniques, supporting the feet correctly, a variety of Reflexology techniques such as thumb walking, finger walking, pivot, hook and rocking, adapting the techniques to suit the client’s specific needs, maintaining professional posture and locating zones, transfer lines and cross reflexes on the hands and feet.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Reflexology skills listed above effectively, including the underlying body structures relevant to Reflexology treatments.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a Reflexology setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving.
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Reflexologist.
Career Path: There are opportunities for Reflexologists to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Complementary health clinics
- Beauty salons
- Cruise ships
- Hotels or resorts
- Own clinic