ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Aromatherapy Massage
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Aromatherapy is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Aromatherapy treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Aromatherapy Industry. This qualification is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3 and 4.
What you will learn:
- Aromatherapy techniques – to include consultation techniques, understanding the needs of clients and when and when not to treat them, carrying out visual analysis and identifying skin types, recognising contraindications, explaining possible contra-actions, blending essential oils and carrier oils, using a variety of Aromatherapy techniques, adapting the treatment to suit the specific needs of the client and providing aftercare and home care advice.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Aromatherapy skills listed above effectively.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in an Aromatherapy setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving.
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as an Aromatherapist.
Career Path: There are opportunities for Aromatherapists to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Complementary health clinics
- Beauty salons
- Cruise ships
- Hotels or resorts 4
- Own clinic