ITEC Certificate in Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Not quite ready to book?
40 Days / 280 Hours
- IDR: Rp 48,138,391
- EUR: € 3,105
- GBP: £ 2,740
The main aim of the ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Complementary and Alternative Therapies is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills to provide treatments under supervision for the purposes of relaxation and the relief of stress in order to encourage general health and well-being. This qualification is designed to provide occupational competence at Level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at Level 3.
What you will learn:
- Consultation techniques – to include understanding the needs of clients and when and when not to treat them, contraindications, referral procedures, explaining possible contra-actions and providing aftercare and home care advice.
- Health, safety and hygiene – contextualised to the environment in which the Learner is working.
- Introduction to massage techniques – to include selecting a suitable massage medium for the client’s skin type, classical massage movements and their effects and evaluating and reviewing the treatment.
- Aroma Massage – to include carrying out patch tests, selecting the appropriate pre-blended oil for the skin type, methods of applying blended essential oils, aroma-massage techniques, evaluating and reviewing the treatment and correctly storing blended essential oils.
- Reflex Zone treatment – to include techniques for treating the reflex zones of the feet and evaluating and reviewing the treatment.