As CIBTAC introduced their Endorsed Training Scheme over four years ago, it is now worth analysing whether or not CIBTAC Endorsed certification is of value to the spa, beauty and wellness industry. After all, it was professionals in these fields who asked CIBTAC to create a program that recognizes and rewards excellent training standards.
I can only speak on behalf of those students who have invested their time and money in CJIBTAC endorsed courses at the Bali International Spa Academy (also known as BISA). Across the board, students have found that CIBTAC endorsed education and training has given them significant advantages.
1) Employers worldwide equate CIBTAC accreditation with quality therapists capable of immediately carrying out professional work. However, unlike CIBTAC’s awards, certificate and diplomas which follow conventional spa and aesthetic treatments, the eleven endorsed courses at BISA focus on unique bodywork and beauty practices. Savvy employers recognize that hiring these people will allow them to offer something different than their competition. Thus, graduates are in high demand.
2) Similarly, more and more spa and wellness enthusiasts are seeking out non-traditional therapies. Students appreciate our wide range of endorsed courses as they are able to confidently meet this demand. Most our offerings are inspired by ancient Asian healing and wellness traditions.
3) In some cases, it has enabled graduates to work in countries that have very strict laws about foreigners’ ability to legally be employed. A CIBTAC accreditation of any type is a virtual passport to explore the world.
4) All courses are recognized for insurance requirements which is required in most countries around the world.
5) Students have been able to more quickly find their dream job as they can enroll at BISA almost anytime that is convenient for them. As we are authorized to test for competency, the student receives our BISA certification right away. CIBTAC post their own personalized certificate to further verify authenticity.
The alternative is to schedule around a CIBTAC test when the examiner is in Bali. If the student already has proven knowledge of anatomy and physiology, they can complete a CIBTAC endorsed course with us in just 5 days!
6) And best of all students love our affordable pricing and the opportunity to immerse themselves in Bali, even if only for a short time. Our Balinese and Lomi Lomi massage courses endorsed by CIBTAC are each US$1,198. My team will also assist you in finding accommodation that suits your budget!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT COURSE CIBTAC ENDORSED COURSE FOR YOU?
At BISA, we offer 11 courses with CIBTAC endorsement. They have all been chosen as they are all increasingly popular bodywork modalities in which our staff have a high degree of competency in. All are holistic in their approach to the mind – body- spirit connection.
Our most popular course is Balinese Massage which is rapidly becoming popularized outside of the island. It is a unique combination of techniques from various cultures that the Balinese people have adapted to create their own style. It is a delight to learn, practice and receive.
Our four week Balinese Traditional Spa Rituals adds body scrubs and wraps, facials and cream-bath hair treatment for a deep immersion into the culture. This course is ideal for beginner or experienced therapists who wish to diversify their skill set.
Or there are the classics such as Thai and Shiatsu bodywork, but at BISA these are offered with an added element of uniqueness. The CIBTAC Endorsed Thai program incorporates Thai massage with herbal packs and Thai foot stick massage to create a more unusual spa service. Likewise conventional Shaitsu massage is paired with A-Shiatsu, both of which are CIBTAC Endorsed.
Those therapists, novice or experienced, with a passion for babies really love the CIBTAC Endorsed Maternity Program which incorporates baby massage and Bali’s own post-natal body wrap to help firm up the body more quickly.
A recently introduced CIBTAC endorsed course is another winner, Intuitive Massage Therapy. Empowered by intuitive touch, compassion and balance, students first learn a variety of conventional massage techniques. Then they define their own personal style which is flexible enough to meet the needs of each client. If you believe you can ‘read’ a person’s mind and body well enough, this course will help you refine your intuition and give you legitimate certification to prove it.
President / Director
Bali International Spa Academy